How to Apply for the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra?: Everything You Need to Know About Applying for Mansarovar Yatra
You must know before Applying for the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
Are you planning to go on the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra next year? Then, this is the time to start planning for the journey. The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is no casual trip that one takes on a whim; it needs planning and quite a bit of preparation. The Yatra is also one of the holiest pilgrimages you can make as a devout Hindu and it is said that anyone returns from Mount Kailash as a new person. Here’s all you need to know about the journey of a lifetime!
Choose the Best Route for Kailash Yatra
The first decision you need to make is whether you want to go with the Government of India or with a private tour operator.
1. Kailash Yatra with Govt. Of India (Ministry of External Affairs): Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) of Government of India also organise Kailash Mansarovar Yatra through 2 routes. You will have to choose between two routes.
- First one, is Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Lipulekh Pass in Uttrakhand. Total 18 groups of maxmium 60 pilgrims in each group are allowed in this route. It used to take 24 days & cost was approx 1.8 L. Now with new road to the Mt Kailash, its expected to take 19-20 days & costing should be higher than 2 L.
- Another option is Kailash Yatra by Govt of India through the Nathu-La Pass in Sikkim. Total 350 pilgrims are allowed in this route. This route to Kailash Mansarovar taked 21 days to complete & costing was approx 2.5 lakhs. When Kailash Yatra starts again after COVID-19, costing is expected to go much higher.
2. Best Private Agency & Route for Kailash Yatra: Many people choose to go with a private tour operator. This way, you can choose to go by helicopter or over land. It can take you anything between 5 and 14 days if you choose a reputed private agency.
- First one is Kailash Yatra by Helicopter Route via Nepal which takes 5 to 11 days to complete the Yatra. Best part of this Kailash Mansarovar Yatra Route is that it starts from India.
- Another option is Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Road wwhich starts from Kathmandu & takes 14 Days to complete.
Both Nepal Route to Kailash Mansarovar are cheaper in costing in comparison to the Kailash Yatra by Govt. Of India & take lesser time as well. That's the seaason that majority of pilgrims prefer to take Nepal Route to Mansarovar Kailash.
How to Apply for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra with the Govt. Of India ?
The good news is that the whole process of applying for the Yatra has been made online. Here are the steps you need to take to register:
- Go to MEA Website : The first thing you need to do is go to the website http://kmy.gov.in and apply. You have to choose between two routes so that preference is known when the lots are drawn.
- Number of Pilgrims allowed for KMY with MEA : For the Nathu-la pass route, there will be 18 batches of 60 pilgrims each who will get to go annually. For the Lipulekh pass route, 7 batches of 50 pilgrims each will get to go annually.
- CheapestCost for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra: For a pilgrim going for Kailash Yatra throught Nathu-La Pass in Sikkim route, it will cost around Rs 2.5 lakh while for someone going for the Kailash Yatra through Lipulekha Pass in Uttrakhand route, it will cost around Rs 1.8 lakh. You have to pay the money only after the selection has been done.
- Requirement for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra with Govt. of India: You need a few things to apply. You need to send a scanned recent passport photo of yours, a scanned passport, your email address, and your phone number. Your passport should be valid and have at least 6 months left on the day of the start of the journey. This is crucial.
- Medical fitness for Kailash Yatra with Govt of India: You will need to be medically tested in Delhi before the commencement of the journey. This will be done by a doctor and if you fail to make the parameters required for the Kailash Yatra, you will be disqualified. Thus, it is extremely important that you have a fit and active lifestyle if you decide to go for the Yatra to Mt. Kailash. To make sure you pass the medical examinations, it is integral that you start an exercise regimen, eat well-balanced meals and take your medicines regularly.
- Documentation for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra with Ministry of External Affairs: If you are lucky enough to be selected for the Kailash Yatra, you will need to submit a few documents such as an indemnity bond that states that you are going on the journey at your own risk. You also need to produce an undertaking for evacuation by helicopter in case there is an emergency. You also need to sign a consent form which declares that your mortal remains will be cremated on the Chinese side if you die.
- Regarding false information for KMY: It is very important that you don’t provide any false information on your application to the GOI. If you are guilty of this, your application will be rejected.
How to Apply for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra with a Private Tour Operator
On the other hand, if you choose to do the Yatra with a private agency instead of the government, the application process will be something like the following:
- Download PDF Application Form for Kailash Yatra: Go to the website of the private agency you have chosen and download the PDF application form. Read carefully.
- Fill up the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra Form: It is crucial that you provide correct information in the form. Whether it is spelling mistakes, or errors regarding age, wrong information may mean that your application gets rejected.
- Send Kailash Yatra Documents: The private tour operator will need a few of your documents to start preparing for the Yatra. You have to send the scanned copies of the documents they need by email.
- Other Documents for Mansarovar Kailash Yatra : Attach 1st & last page of passport coly, 3 passport size photographs, Pan card copy & pay registration amount. You need to submit original passport, a physical fitness certificate from any MBBS doctor & rest of the payment at least one month prior to the Kailash Yatra date.
You can contact us on 9911937751 for more details & updates.
If you choose to do the Kailash Yatra with a private tour operator, it is important to choose a reputed agency with high credentials. This will go a long way in ensuring that your journey is a comfortable and memorable one.
SHARE THE EXCITEMENT
WITH Your FRIENDS