Kailash Mansarovar Yatra comes with a unique experience for the travelers in a number of ways. Witnessing the breathtaking view of Mount Kailash and taking a dip into the sacred water of Lake Mansarovar is believed to cleanse off all the sins of the pilgrims. Most of the travelers focus more on enjoying the scenic beauty of Kailash Mansarovar. The journey is difficult, but rewarding one. But it is important for them all to keep in mind certain important tips to ensure safety while being on the trip.
If you are planning to go on Kailash Mansarovar Yatra this year, you need to be prepared about the journey by keeping in mind the following 10 significant tips:
- Because of the height to be traveled to reach Kailash Mansarovar, one may feel breathing issues at the height because of lack of oxygen in the air. So, people who suffer from breathing problems like asthma and similar others, are advised not to visit this place. They may not be able to bare the discomfort causes during the journey.
- Some people do not like to drink warm water in general. But because of the cold weather during the Yatra, they will be provided with hot or lukewarm water to drink. So, it will be best for them to make the habit of drinking warm water, to prevent any sort of inconvenience while doing the Yatra.
- As a part of the Yatra, almost all travelers like to stay indulged in healthy munching, while enjoying the scenic beauty around. Even though the eatables will be provided by those you book a package from, you are advised to carry chips, sweets, candies, juices etc. for the trip to Mt. Kailash.
- Climbing up the mountains or do trekking as a part of the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra requires an individual to stay fit and be active in terms of physical activities. So, if you are a person who do not usually do physical exercises or Yoga, it will be best for you to start doing fitness exercises at least a month before the day to leave for the Yatra.
- When being out of the home country, any uncertain event may happen at any point of time. So, it will be best for you to buy a travel insurance policy from a renowned insurance company in India. The policy will protect you against any personal loss, injury or emergency situation, if any. Also, you should make sure that the policy covers emergency evacuation at high altitude regions.
- Kailash Yatra includes traveling to Nepal and Tibet outside India, where Indian currency will not be accepted. So, it will be best for you to arrange some foreign currency in advance, or ask your tour operator to help you in that. Carry sufficient cash with you as international cards are not accepted in Tibet.
- Even though the weather at or near the mountains will be cold, you are advised not to carry too much clothes with you. This is because a heavy luggage may only cause burden to you, as you climb the mountains as a part of your journey. Instead, travel light.
- While you will do the Parikrama of Mount Kailash, you may start to feel breathing issues. In case of any inconvenience related to health, you are advised to inform and get helped by your tour guide. In some places, oxygen levels become very low. So, you should better not stay there for a long time, but continue moving forward, as advised by your tour guide.
- While you will be climbing up the mountains, feeling attracted to the view around is obvious. But you are advised to inspect your track or the path you follow carefully, while moving forward. Since the path will not be flat, you may fall or slip off from it and hurt yourself with fractures or muscle pain.
- On your journey to Mount Kailash, you will meet and find other travelers and may even be grouped with them by the tour guide. While on the mountains, you are advised not to leave your group ever, and take care of others.