The best way to book a tour to Kailash Mansarovar is by the Kathmandu-Nepal route by helicopter. There is no doubt several routes available for Hindu devotees who want to make this sacred pilgrimage, and a few are recommended by the Government of India, no less. But if you are looking for convenience, then the helicopter route via Kathmandu, Nepal, is the best one to choose. Here’s a look at all you need to know about booking such a tour.
Reasons why the Nepal route for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is the best
It is always best to make an informed choice. Here are pointers on why it is the best:
- Time-saving: This route is perfect for people who have a professional life. Taking 3 weeks out for a pilgrimage is something not many people in India can afford to do because of work reasons. The Nepal route via helicopter takes between 5 and 11 days while the overland route from Kathmandu takes 14 days. Compared to the routes recommended by the Ministry of External Affairs of India, this is of a much shorter duration.
- Less physically demanding: Other routes involve a lot of trekking. Booking the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra lowest cost via the Kathmandu route is also less physical demanding. Most of the journey will be conducted by helicopter, airplanes, AC cars and AC Volvo buses. The only physically demanding thing one will have to do is during the ‘parikrama’ of Mount Kailash which is optional.
- Highly convenient: When you choose the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra lowest cost helicopter route via Kathmandu, Nepal, you will be able to enjoy a convenient journey throughout. This is because the tour operator is going to take care of all the Visa requirements and overnight stay in hotels. This will ensure that you have a comfortable trip throughout.
- Easier to do: Another reason why going by the Nepal route by helicopter is better is because doing so is easier. While the trip arranged by the Government of India can be done by people between the ages of 18 and 70, the Nepal route can be done by anyone between the ages of 10 and 70.
How to book the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra?
Booking the Kailash Mansarovar via Kathmandu by helicopter tour is easy. There are several private tour operators working in this route and it is best that you choose an experienced one for this. Here’s how to go about booking the Yatra:
- You have to first fill out the booking form for registration purposes on the website of the private tour operator. After that, you have to send a scanned color image of your passport as a soft copy to the operator.
- Next, you have to transfer the booking amount to the tour operator so that the booking can be done. You will get information about the amount from the operator itself. Your booking will then be confirmed.
- After this, you will be informed about the date of the Yatra and you have to pay the rest of the amount for the tour a month before it commences.
Things to keep in mind when planning the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
- As mentioned before, there are several ways you can do the Yatra. However, if you are looking for the highest convenience, then the helicopter route via Kathmandu is the best option for you. There is another helicopter route you can take for this pilgrimage which is via Lucknow. So it really depends on what you find more suitable at this particular period of your life.
- It is crucial that you book your Yatra with a tour operator that is reputed in the field. There are a few working in this sector but you need to choose someone whom you can trust. Getting Visa permits and other things in order for the tour requires a strong hold in the region.
- Make sure you prepare yourself mentally and physically for the Yatra. This is a pilgrimage you will be making to a place that is considered one of the most sacred and holy by Hindus so you need to get into a mindset that is forgiving and joyful. If you keep a calm and stress-free mind during the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, you will enjoy it more and if you are lucky, you may even experience a divine awakening of sorts.
The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is an experience of a lifetime. The sheer grandeur of the region coupled with the mystic quality of Hindu mythology makes it a highly revered destination for Hindu devotees of Lord Shiva. Go with an open mind and you may well be rewarded with the blessings of the gods.